Saturday, May 28, 2011

Single parents, Fathers, and the G.O.S.P.E.L.

This past Thurs/Fri/Sat Tammy was out of town and I had responsibility for our daughters. I also had some work that had to get done, so I tried to watch the girls and to take 4 hrs worth of calls/work during their "quiet time" on Thurs and Friday. As far as work goes, it is the easiest possible scenario - conference calls, emails and light Microsoft Office-style work from my home office. Even still, balancing the girls and this lightest-of-all work was amazingly difficult. I have ultimate respect for single parents everywhere.

Speaking of single parents, I am reminded of a really powerful video I saw on youtube a few weeks back. It is called "Fatherless" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyxqkBkCXT4 A must-watch for all dads and soon-to-be dads out there.

And since you're following my stream-of-consciousness today, may I also suggest another video, this one is titled "G.O.S.P.E.L." - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gb7n9B_8m8 This video is by the same guy as in the Fatherless video above, but it is a cut above in terms of production quality. A 5 minute video that explains the gospel of Jesus Christ through poetry/rap.

No comments: