Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week in Review (WIR) - 5/1/2011

  • I saw on twitter that over 2,200 people came to know Christ last weekend at Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC. This is only one week after over 200 people got baptized @Elevation (). Praise God - he is doing something special in Charlotte!
  • Caroline made MAJOR strides toward potty training in the last week! We're rounding third base and heading home on that front!
  • On my flight to Tampa on Thursday night, I had a front row seat watching those crazy storms that devastated AL/GA out of my window. I've NEVER seen so many lightning strikes happening concurrently in a single storm. The guy behind me said, "Is Jesus coming back?!?!?!" The answer is, "Yes! ...but apparently not on Thursday night."
  • In a related note, read the following three verses and tell me that the writers for Lost didn't fashion the "smoke monster" after God in Exodus: Exodus 19:16, Exodus 19:18, Exodus 20:18
  • I ran a mile in 8:05 this weekend. My previous best (in recent memory) was 8:25 - so I shaved a significant amount of time off of my previous best. I'm going to break into the 7s soon.
  • The guys in my ABF class wrapped up the "Disciplines of a Godly Man" Bible study this past week. Good book; great study with some solid friends.
  • We attended Makayla Munieo's 1st birthday party on Saturday! She smashed her 1 year old birthday cake with the best of them! While I was there, I learned that Shawn can sing! ...not only that, but apparently he can solo!
  • Spent some quality time with Forrest, Jami, Parker, Ethan and baby Maci (okay, she's not born yet, but she was definitely there!). in a related note, I officially cannot bowl. I'm pretty sure that the Ethan/Caroline duo would have beat me if Tammy hadn't bowled a strike for me late in the game.
  • Bekah is doing a "Princess Pool & Pajama Party" for her sixth birthday party. She needs to pick out three friends for the sleepover, and we need to get the invites out.
  • Tammy and I (and our ABF - Faithful Servants) are focusing on 1 Thessalonians this week. Apparently all of the turmoil around the world (earthquakes, natural disasters, wars, rumors of wars, etc) has many folks thinking about end times.
  • Caroline developed a bit of a stutter this week/weekend. I'm hoping it is a normal part of her developmental speech learning...but she tends to do it more than twice. I'm going to try to get the family to slow down when talking to her and see if that helps. Please pray that it does.
  • I picked up some ear phones for running this weekend because my normal gummy ear buds kept falling out. I picked up a set of Philips over-the-ear buds for six bucks at Ross. I tried them out tonight and they are fantastic!
  • The US dollar continues to struggle: Price of a Gold Am. Eagle: $1621; Silver Am. Eagle $51.56; gallon of 87 octane gas in Tampa: 3.87.
  • restrung the guitars over the last two weekends. Practiced "Jesus, Lover of my Soul" w/ Tammy some more. That's in the rotation for sure.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I knew all this, but still like to read your posts. Love you!
~Tammy